Ancient Healing Meets Modern Technology
At Arizona Massage & Neuromuscular Therapy we utilize several different massage techniques, which includes the St. John Method of Neuromuscular Therapy, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Myofascial Release, Ortho-Bionomy, Deep Tissue Massage and Structural Alignment.
In the last 60 years, neuromuscular therapy (NMT) has emerged as a significant way to assess, treat and prevent soft-tissue injuries andchronic pain. Today, Arizona Massage & Neuromuscular Therapy, in Mesa, AZ uses NMT for massage therapy.
Jeannie Curtis is a truly gifted healer whom specializes in finding the root of your problem. As a nationally known neuromuscular therapist, Jeannie is able to identify your problem once she sees you. Jeannie is passionate about eliminating pain, chronic or acute, by addressing five key elements that cause pain:
- Ischemia: The lack of blood flow to soft tissues that causes hypersensitivity to touch.
- Trigger points: Highly irritated points in muscles that refer pain to other parts of the body.
- Nerve entrapment/compression: Pressure on a nerve by soft tissue, cartilage or bone.
- Postural distortions: Imbalance of the muscular system resulting from the movement of the body off the longitudinal and horizontal planes. Longtime poor postural habits are the most common cause of pain from this element.
- Biomechanical dysfunction: Imbalance of the musculoskeletal system resulting in faulty movement patterns (i.e., poor lifting habits, computer keyboarding, bad mechanics in a golf swing or tennis stroke).
- Specializing in sciatica, migraines, shoulder problems, TMJ and many other problems that are muscle related.